View Single Post
Old 08-01-2020, 08:56 AM
Excargodog
Perennial Reserve

Joined APC: Jan 2018

Originally Posted by rickair7777 View Post

I'd actually be more worried if I was in commercial real estate right now. I could see an evolving scenario where some business go mostly remote and maintain smaller office spaces for necessary in-person meetings, and simply rent facilities for all hands assembly type events. but that depends on the nature of the work and the nature of the employees. Data entry drudge-work vice complex project management? Low wage/low motivation staff vs. highly educated and credentialed professionals?
I have some friends/ college buds who work at a major aircraft and defense manufacturer (that isn’t Airbus) specifically in project management. COVID sort of forced work at home initially, but after a few months the company polled them to see if they would LIKE to continue working from home because productivity was actually increased. And an overwhelming majority were happy to give up the five hours a week of commuting in Seattle traffic. And the company was happy to decrease their commercial property footprint In a town that is becoming increasingly anti-business. Pretty much a win-win.

Now if they could only get their factory workers to stop leaving The damn FOD in the fuel tanks on their tankers...