Thread: 5 yloa
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2020, 09:02 AM
pitchattitude
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2017

Originally Posted by THKooj View Post
Serious question for all you RTP guys. Are all of you planning to take this 5 year LOA? I'm asking because from everyone of your posts it is very evident that Envoy/American is just a way station for you and you really aren't interested in being here.

Seriously, no disrespect here but I've observed many, many in the training cycle and by far, for whatever reason, you guys struggle the most. The large majority of you get through but I believe it's the pipeline training program the cadets come from that has them ready on the first day of training. I'm not discounting your military service, I appreciate it as I have a military background myself. However, in the end in addition to the training problems, it seems that you really just aren't interested in being here. Thus my question on this possible opportunity for you to get back into something that obviously pays well and may be more suited to your comfort zone.
I will bite.

It’s not a matter of not wanting to fly and or be an airline pilot. But unlike yourself whose only talent is trolling on Internet forums, most military pilots, especially those who have also flown rotary, have multiple talents and can use those to make a living. Since your promised five year flow has evaporated (not that it was ever going to be anyway), it’s better for all if those that can do something else for a while do so and prevent a few of your prized cadets from being furloughed and stuck in momma’s basement without a reason to leave their video games.