View Single Post
Old 08-02-2020, 06:08 PM
AirBear
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2017
Position: Retired NJA & AA

I post news because I have the time to do so and it was something I've done as a union volunteer in the past. Other than my current volunteer work I have no demands on my time. Most members here are still working, have families, etc., and don't have time to spend an hour or two a day reading the news. And trust me, if I saw a story about AA that had good news I'd post it immediately. If the mods asked me to stop posting news I would. I'm trying to be helpful, not a PITA. I realize a lot of the guys are stressed, I was furloughed twice at USAir (aka the incredible shrinking airline). I think it's still better to be informed. And no one is making anyone else read the news. Also keep in mind a lot of these articles are more opinions than news so you have to take them FWIW.

And you're right, most members here do some kind of volunteer work. I only mentioned it for 2 reasons, one why I'm not posting as much news as I did, and two, mainly because I was hoping some CLT based pilots might read it and be interested in helping. MakerSpace is less than 10 minutes from KCLT and is open 24/7 if you have the key fob. Also a great place to go if you're into woodworking, metal working, 3D Printing, or Laser Cutting (we're up to 4 LC's now). Bring earplugs or an ANR Headset, you'll need it at least part of the time.

Originally Posted by rcflying53 View Post
I have never seen a positive article posted from you here. That said, you aren’t posting things we already haven’t seen or know about. Why even post that? We have pilots who are seriously worried/stressed and while negative articles are all around us right now, posting them does no good. What do you think is being accomplished by doing so?

Good on volunteering. Most everyone, including myself, does some sort of outside philanthropy work. I don’t/wouldn’t ever mention it (especially in a random online forum) because it’s done to not gain kudos from or impress your peers, it’s done to be a good humanitarian to others and to better yourself inside. But, good for you to use it to show how noble you are.