View Single Post
Old 08-02-2020, 09:00 PM
AirBear
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2017
Position: Retired NJA & AA

AA Pilots should be able to get better info from their APA reps than what the news is saying. And I suspect the APA has an official message board with real names just like the unions at USAirways and NetJets. That probably has better info than APC. Since this is more or less a public board not everyone on the AA sub-forum is associated with AA. What I will do is read articles more carefully and see if they contribute any useful info or are just opinion pieces. And if you reread my post above you'll see I was furloughed twice. The first time ALPA gave away our no-furlough clause and I thought I was safe until that happened. I can still remember right where I was when I heard about the furlough and the feeling of dread that came over me since I had no "Plan B". At least with the 2nd furlough we had a flow down to regional carriers so I knew I could survive with a lot of belt tightening.

Originally Posted by Andy View Post
You're a retired airline pilot. Do you really think there was anything in that article that AA rank and file pilots aren't aware of?
I don't know if you were ever furloughed, but I suspect the answer's no. It puts a lot of stress on people and you're just piling on to that stress. You show absolutely zero empathy to those pilots still working for a living - from your posts, I am sure you were quite a few pilots' do not fly list.
And no, I dont work for American.

And here's a news flash for you - every single airline is moving closer to bankruptcy. I don't know which one goes first, but I've got some ideas and the first one that stands out is not American.