Thread: C5 expanding?
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2020, 06:37 AM
njd1
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2017

Originally Posted by Betasound View Post
As for implementation, well, I’ve been at C5 over 7 years. Planning and implementation has never been a strong suit here. I’m glad to still have a job but it’s going to still be a long and tumultuous time here, even if “normal flying” comes back quickly. I also don’t see all of XJTs or C5 flying coming back. Instead of 17000 hours of block time or whatever between the two, maybe only 10k stays on the 145 and the rest goes to mainline or other carriers. No crystal ball, just speculation here.
I was talking to a senior captain the other day and his take was this is merely a stay of execution based on Kirby’s stated plans to eliminate all 50 seat flying as part of the long term recovery strategy. For that reason, during the town hall I posted a question regarding long term contingency plans to acquire 175s. Then the f’ing power went out courtesy of the tropical storm and I haven’t been able to replay the call so I don’t know if my question was answered.

In any case my plan is really not changed...get the hell out of dodge ASAP. If this stay of execution allows me to do that without a gap in employment I’ll count my blessings.