View Single Post
Old 08-05-2020, 01:53 PM
SoILflyer
On Reserve

Joined APC: Feb 2015

Originally Posted by FlyPurdue View Post
I don't think that is entirely fair (granted I did not go to Riddle). I am humbled to be at United, but always thought that Kalitta, Western Global, or Omni would have been a blast, even grew with a goal of flying for ATA, being an Indy native. Always applied and never heard anything, and was not going to turndown UA. Eastern seems like an exciting airline, and can not beat home basing.

A lot of us are now in this awkward space where we are not even being considered for jobs because recruitment assumes we will accept recall as soon as it is offered, and it is not worth training us.
Its not precise that major/legacy pilots are unable to jump ships.
Im a furloughed pilot from a regional that went out of business (no future recall for me) and all I hear is crickets.
On the other hand , I hear from my friends at various airlines that wide body pilots (or anything more than 76 seaters) are get called (guess who they fly for nowadays...) and the second they get a recall - the will bail on Eastern/ABX/NAC/Atlas/ATI/Omni....etc
You are blessed to be employed by United. I cross my fingers for you and everyone to be at safe zone of employment , but even if you get furloughed - you have an horizon to look at. I dont