View Single Post
Old 08-06-2020, 12:07 PM
gollum
Banned

Joined APC: Mar 2013

Originally Posted by TerrainPullUp View Post
I love how some are so delusional here at K4. The 777 run can be brutal. You only get 24hrs rest at each spot which is just enough time to really screw with your sleep(too short for 2 rests, too long for just one). On top of that, they don't keep any aircrew at any of the bases so if someone calls in sick or god forbid fatigue(more on that later) then there's a huge cluster with scheduling and most likely the crew is screwed and have to go to 3 man. On top of that, any aircraft issues usually means you'll end up doing min rest (10 hours) even after almost 20 hours of duty and NO ONE calls in fatigue, it's very against company culture. I've flown with guys who have been here 3+ years that have never flown with anyone who has called in fatigue. And I've been belittled for talking about it(after two min rest stops), getting the mission done at all costs is very prevalent here. On top of that, you are sharing bunk sheets with numerous crew members (they only get swapped out in CVG), you may fly with crews who have been in close contact with someone who have popped positive on Corvid tests without being notified by the compay, and the union is basically another voice of the company.

There are many positive aspects of K4 as well but don't be under any illusion its all fun and games. They work you hard here, it's very obvious with the HKG issues that money is priority #1, and the union's response to everything is basically "shut up and fly".

I think it's always good to see the blunt truth of things before you make a switch.

wow, nice “create account to make post” first post. I have NEVER felt pressured to fly fatigued at this company. No one will ever FORCE you to take less than CBA rest...(which is always more than 10 hrs) and if you do it’s 100% by choice.

I do agree about the sheets... gross.