View Single Post
Old 08-09-2020, 10:56 AM
C17B74
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2013
Position: No Hats No Jackets No PAX

Originally Posted by Globemaster2827 View Post
In all honesty I feel like I know more about Boeing equipment than my peer group at my current airline and I attribute 100% of that to the Atlas instructors and evaluators. It is old school and not AQP, but if you take it seriously you'll breeze through training on any Boeing you have for the remainder of your career.
Good stuff right there Globe. Only thing to add with the “Old School”, the instructional areas have the opportunity to ask questions and be honest when learning a system or process. It was a very open environment to learning but you are expected to do the work as you are not spoon fed. Make the effort and the instructors go the extra mile as they want you to succeed was my take. Definitely not like an actual text I received from a friend going thru training at a non-AMCI as it read:

“Training hasn’t been pleasant. I was summoned to a meeting to ‘realign’ Me to the process. My sim partner was already aligned and knew not to do anything that could be perceived as a challenge to the instructors authority.”

This gent is a very humble good guy and yes, does ask a lot of honest questions so I doubt he was in the wrong. But, I do recognize there are times to shut up already and color and it doesn’t matter how you did it before at carrier “X”.
Axe to grind, don’t know, don’t care but it says a lot. I didn’t see anything remotely like this here except for: “Yup, got it, let’s move along now to the next item!” with a sarcastic good ribbing ending “Shall We!” Old school without the bite if you will.