Thread: C5 expanding?
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2020, 01:53 PM
MasterOfPuppets
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2012
Position: 787

Originally Posted by Hedley View Post
If you are referring to my rather lengthy post about the UAL contract relating to the hiring of furloughed pilots as a dissertation, I was just correcting some false information posted by another United pilot who was incorrectly insisting that you guys would have hire furloughed United pilots. Actually quoting the contract makes for a long post, but it clears up rumors and speculation. There is nothing that is “allegedly required“ by UAX carriers. Since you guys don’t fly anything greater than 50 seats, the LOA doesn’t apply to you and your company can hire who they want. Carriers who do fly aircraft bigger than 50 seats will have to either comply with the LOA, or stop flying 70/76 seat aircraft for United. Good luck to all. There are no guarantees. United could have picked CommutAir to survive because they didn’t see a need a larger company to handle a much smaller E145 fleet going forward, or you guys could expand. United could keep planes in storage, or entire fleets could be retired. This is far from over, no one is safe, and there will be more industry casualties before this is over.
ok I stand correct thanks. Looks like C5 and AW are outside the agreement. I didn’t read the intro as good as I should have I just skipped right to the language. Sorry all.