View Single Post
Old 08-09-2020, 07:10 PM
Noworkallplay
Banned

Joined APC: Jun 2018

Originally Posted by C17B74 View Post
Additionally, having been stuck recently in areas overseas where y’all are has been a great source of insight to the operational impacts based on current events. Have absolutely no input or fight with your company policies, just seeing if ours mitigates the same threats if you will. Whether hanging out at INC in the terminal airport with all your folks enlightening me on the issues at hand (just once thankfully - good for a short stay but not long term/that seemed tough) or just reading the “warnings” thread has kept me aware/in the loop regarding INC, PVG and especially HKG, etc, It provides valuable data when I bid. Totally on the outside looking in and thankful for the knowledge posted regarding such matters.
No harm no foul just curious. Keep in mind our system form is much different than Atlas or Kallitta so rules and regulations especially during COVID affect each operation much differently. For example y’all may operate into a country from a location that has a different restriction than where we operate from. Our company may not be willing to take a risk with country policy interpretation that your company may be willing to take. One company flies contract freight and one flies their own freight. A lot of times we see an airplane on the ramp and think oh they are both airplanes however as we know the regulations governing that flight might be apples and oranges. As for the pension debate I will leave that for the professionals and negotiators. I’m to dumb to know all the laws and risk assessments. What I do know is that is what they do for a living. Glad you gain some insight from the forum. Good to see all viewpoints.