View Single Post
Old 08-10-2020, 06:50 AM
rickair7777
Prime Minister/Moderator

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim

Originally Posted by Airbusgod View Post
Good point tired Tired soul only problem is I didn’t know about the Jan class till March. Know I understand how someone must feel when he is convicted of a crime he didn’t commit.
I understand your pain. But I'll point out that others can learn from the lesson...

Employers (all sectors) are very oriented to hiring through the digital sphere. If job hunting you must carefully manage every single aspect of your digital presence, including social media, email, etc to present the good impression that you want to make. No sympathy from the HR ladies, most of who are millenials now anyway and consider digital faux paus to be a sign of boomers who they actively want to avoid.

For email, use a professional appearing email with a reputable domain: ex: [email protected]. Not [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], etc. Don't use disposable email domains.

Make sure you can recover it if you get locked out, check your spam daily (it usually auto-deletes after 30 days). Use an email you custom-made for professional purposes. Don't use an organizational email, you'll lose it when you leave and don't have control of spam filters. Make sure you email is not associated on the webs with anything that will be perceived as bad or controversial (including politics). You can rarely undo those kind of associations, so if in doubt delete an old email and create a new one. If you've had an email for a long time, try googling it to see what it's associated with (you might be unpleasantly surprised).