Thread: C5 expanding?
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2020, 03:02 PM
Hedley
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2020

Originally Posted by tallpilot View Post
Let's hope so. I think it is insane to reject the experience of senior pilots simply because they have been without a job for a few years. My experience has colored my perceptions.
There are going to be thousands of highly qualified applicants flooding the market for a while, and losing currency will be more the norm than the exception. I would expect airlines to take that into consideration when hiring resumes. Just looking at the UAX operation, there are only a few companies that don’t have to offer jobs to a certain number of furloughed United pilots first. Depending on how many take the offer, the wait time for others to get hired could be further extended. The days of having to offer signing bonuses or taking who you can get are over for a while. It is a buyers market and the airlines can cherry-pick who they want out of a very deep pool of highly qualified applicants. Those who were just getting started, or those who were wanting to get hired by an airline, are probably in for a long wait while far more qualified applicants take what jobs there are.