View Single Post
Old 01-30-2008, 09:22 PM
rickair7777
Prime Minister/Moderator

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim

Two regionals, no real problems so far. Legally, they are pretty limited in what they can do to you, but if they wanted to be nasty they could turn off your travel benefits when you're on orders. The first time mesa did that to me on a DWE, I called the duty CP and told him I would not be able to make my show time the following morning, but I would be willing to return to work as soon as they re-activated my travel bennies. They had no reserves so they canx my flights, but they never tried that crap again.

SKW requests that you submit your leave "request" prior to the first for the following month...this allows them to pre-assign it in PBS, otherwise you might have an ackward interuption point in a trip. This usually works well for me, although I did explain to them that I would not always be able to notify them that early.

The key is to understand the rules and your rights...be cooperative to the greatest extend possible (early notice, don't do AT in late DEC every year, etc).

But always reserve the right to do what you need in order to do your duty, further your military career, and take care of your finances. I will be flexible with the airline as long as I don't interfere with those things. You are a commodity to the airline, so don't take anything too personally with them. It's not a real job where you're the only, or best suited, person for certain tasks.

Last edited by rickair7777; 01-30-2008 at 10:11 PM.