View Single Post
Old 08-15-2020, 12:00 AM
rdneckpilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2009
Position: pilot

Originally Posted by SeniorGummer View Post
It’s not that hard. Most corporations don’t give a rat’s ass about what you post as long as you DONT identify them as your employer. Many years ago, prior to dipping my toe into social media a friend who is in corporate security warned me NOT to list my employer.
i have a somewhat large following and do post work pics and such, but I’m careful about content. All it takes is a picture that includes a registration number, flight number etc, and some coworker with too much time on their hands to start the ball rolling.
I’ve even heard of folks being called in for pictures of them at a party (posted by a third party) setting apparently intoxicated that had absolutely nothing to do with their job. The mere fact that their profile showed them to be an agent of the corporation was enough for the company to say it painted them in a bad light.
Another instance had someone posting a racial slur on a thread/subject that was non aviation related. A person took offense and contacted AAG HR. The end result was the pilot losing their job.
i was recentflying with someone that was in the midst of making a social media post while flying. It was also on a company related social media page. I calmly told them that they might want to delete the post since there was a time stamp and “might”cause us both to have to answer questions.
Again, it’s not that hard folks.
Use your head...
This is what moon refused to accept. He had plenty of people, myself included, explain the risks associated with his online activities. He shut down the conversation quickly. He knew what he was doing and thought he had it handled.

It’s a bad deal but he had plenty of folks try to help him and he refused to listen so this rumored outcome does not surprise me at all.