Old 08-15-2020, 12:02 PM
DarkSideMoon
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2016

Originally Posted by DashAviator View Post
I don't get too bent out of shape about people skipping the flu vaccine - especially kids. On a personal level, I'm happy to get the shot every year. Our company provides it for free, and I've never had any adverse reaction from getting it. My biggest concern about the flu vaccine is its effectiveness - some years the "recipe" isn't very good and provides only a limited amount of protection.

BTW, the SICKEST I've ever been as an adult was when I was 27 years old and got the flu. It was a week of abject misery. I've always hated shots, but I would have rolled up both sleeves to avoid that experience. It took a long time to get over it as well, almost four weeks of feeling very lethargic.

If there is an effective vaccine for Covid, I expect airlines may require it as a condition to come back to work. I also think you'll be required to show proof of immunization (or immunity) for international travel. I just hope that the vaccine is good enough that we don't have to get stuck two or three times a year.
I was 27 when I got the flu for the first time, never got vaccinated before, now I always get the vaccine. Woke up a little under the weather for my day 4 deadhead to base, thought I was going to die on the train ride home. Sickest I’ve ever been.