View Single Post
Old 08-15-2020, 03:14 PM
Downtime
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2020

Originally Posted by Deathray View Post
American warned us (read Congress) today that they would have to cancel service to 30 smaller cities if something isn’t done. Expect this type of drip drip info from various industry carriers for the next two weeks until Congress is back in session.

in my previous life, I did some work with Hill folks, and I’d speculate this is major posturing before those final pre election bills are passed. The Bill has been crafted and most like agreed upon. But, both sides have to maneuver for optics to appease donors and ensure the right folks vote the right way to hold their seats.

Likely, actual furlough notices (not WARN letters) will be delivered. This will keep the heat on for members to do something. Then, magically, just in the nick of time, at the last possible moment, an agreement will be “reached”. Much stress until then. But I’d say a better than 50% chance those furlough notices will be postponed or even cancelled until the next ones go out 120 days later.

welcome to the swamp.

I would agree with what you said an add a little myself from a previous life. Keep in my mind cares 2 is also linked to other provisions such as trying to stave off an eviction wave If you are the incumbent party and the White House you do not want a repeat of 08. The party on the White House gets the blame it’s how it works for better or worse. The last optics you want is footage from local stations filming the local sheriffs evictions units kicking families to the curb.