View Single Post
Old 08-16-2020, 11:03 AM
No Push
New Hire

Joined APC: Aug 2020

Originally Posted by MikeBates View Post
The insurance overhaul is coming. Our Mickey Mouse insurance is a relic left over from before WUP acquired Gama. The combination of all three certificates is going to take about 2 years according to our last all call.

I have heard nothing about a union but if there were, it would have to be the “Wheels Up Pilots, Operators, and Workers” union. WUPOW. Otherwise, I’m not interested.

Nah, even with a cool name I still wouldn’t be interested. Unions create 2 problems for every 1 that they solve in my experience. My opinion is subject to change if KD leaves the picture and someone else takes over and starts running us like a tyrant though. I like working for KD. He has never treated me wrong and his brand has been my lifeboat through the worst crisis to hit aviation ever (I think?). Some bosses deserve unions, not leaders like KD. Maybe that’ll change at some point but so far, I don’t see how a union could make things better here. Things have improved every year without collective complaining and our leadership is accessible and open to suggestions.

... But WUPOW lanyards would be pretty cool though. 👊 💥
Wheels Up Pilot Association would be better, can you see us all wearing WUPA_S. on the lanyards!