View Single Post
Old 08-17-2020, 12:44 AM
golfandfly
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2009

Originally Posted by Noworkallplay View Post
HAHAH I love the saying "the union gave it away".... No the pilot group voted on it. I wasn't part of "that pilot group" in 2015. Where you? Blame all your fellow pilots who were around then. They are the ones to blame since they held the vote. Its time this pilot group takes responsibility for their actions and stops blaming everyone else while they slurp on draft. I love hearing guys biatching about some stupid thing while bragging about their draft and W2. I don't feel a bit sorry for them. Cry away!!!!!!!

Remember if you were on property in 2015 more than 1 out of every 2 of "your buddies" voted yes. So better start complaining to them. Not trying to sound like an A hole but im tired of the lack of responsibility from the "old guard". You are the ones that were around to prevent it!!!! If its so bad then please retire early. Oh im sure that leads to another complaint on why thats not possible. Sorry im just feed up with the whining.

As someone posted above the problem was that "first class" was a changing term prior to 2015 CBA and some airlines "first class" didn't have suitable reclining seats, so its sounds like from what I have been told by guys around at that time, this language was added to clarify what seat service requirements needed to be in place. It also was a changing industry and "first class" was going away in favor of "business class". So it sounds like this was an attempt to align with the terms of the passenger airlines and their level of service for the tickets being sold.

PS:Every ticket I was owed a first class ticket on this year I got one.
Again, you don’t get it. Many of us noticed new wording in the contract that we thought would be an issue with first class seats. Our negotiating chairman, on video, said that there would be no changes to the current rules. Of course he was wrong. We grieved this issue, and lost, because we had no notes or documentation on this subject.

So, yes, we had over 50% foolishly vote for this POS contract. On this particular issue, the membership brought this issue up, but were publicly told that there would be no change to the international first class policy. I can’t blame the membership on this issue.