Old 01-31-2008, 11:56 AM
FDXLAG
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2006
Position: 767 FO

Originally Posted by DLax85 View Post
I haven't seen it play out this way.

What I've seen is the published "accepted fare" in the bid pack is below what the company can actually purchase the ticket for a day or two before the trip because the airlines may have increased the price since the bid pack was published.

The only way the "accepted fare" will go up is if someone on the crew does NOT deviate thus forcing the company to pay the higher fare.

Then the you must show this documentation and get the accepted fare raised for the whole crew.

If no one actually deviates, the accepted fare remains unchanged, even though the company knows they cannot get a ticket back to MEM for that amount.

Don't know what to say other than the both tickets for my 10 Feb trip have already been bought. Both tickets are $60 more than the accepted fare. When I deviate my bank will reflect (currently reflects scheduled fare) will be reduced to accepted fare. I know this because it cost me $400 in November for 1 GFK ticket. Don't make me post my expense report here.

Here is the discrepancy I filed trying to get my scheduled fare instead of my accpeted fare in Oct:

Discrepancy(Denied) - Discrepancy Reason: Adjust Scheduled Fare Amount
Historical Comments: When I bought my deviation ticket my total bank reflected $630 for this ticket. Therefore, I spent $680 on my deviation ticket (which caught up with the scheduled). Here is a PFC link that says I get the higher of accepted or actual https://pilot.fedex.com/general/exp_...d%20Dev%20Bank

Comments: cannot read email,"Deviation. VIPS accepted fare applies."

Discrepancy(Denied) - Discrepancy Reason: Original Deadhead Fare
Historical Comments: Per the contract 8.C.2.a "The value of the deviation bank shall equal the value of the scheduled deadhead tickets for trips flown" My scheduled DH ticket value was $621. I flew the trip. REF E Ticket 0127179017923.
Comments: cm deviated/published accepted fare applies

My comments are in Blue the auditors are in purple.

Last edited by FDXLAG; 01-31-2008 at 12:14 PM.