Thread: Flying drones
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2020, 07:20 AM
manfred33
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2006
Position: CRJ
Default Flying drones

So I am currently out of work on disability due to heart surgery. Been over two years now and my disability payments have ended and I'm not even sure I will be getting my medical certificate back at all. SO, i am most likely faced with having to find another career. Have looked into flying drones, because I just can't see myself doing anything not aviation-related like office work or customer service or the like. Been there, done that. And with the Covid, there is no real need for sim instructors, especially at my company or even in my area. Anyways, I have read about a company called Flight to the Future, otherwise known as Aquiline Drones. Does anybody know much about this company? They provide training along with FAA certification and after you've completed their whole program, you fly the drones they provide, using their Cloud system and get jobs in your area through an app that they have and they basically set you up to more or less have your own drone business, but without the headache of starting your own business. It all sounds to good to be true and maybe a little fishy, but just wondering if anybody knows how legit this is. I don't have a problem doing the training on my own through one of these drone flight schools, and it certainly is cheaper, but it is somewhat appealing to go through their program and you can really start earning money right out of the gate. They provide insurance and you make a "lease payment" to use their drones.
Alright, that is all. Thanks.