View Single Post
Old 08-25-2020, 10:03 AM
Aeronaut55
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2020

Originally Posted by bbymse View Post
Yeah no thanks. I'm in bottom 500. I won't quit and won't give in concessions. All pilots have a choice, I choose to get furlough over screwing our contact which management may take their sweet time to give our min guarantee back to 76 hours. During good times company doesn't provide us anything in return for profits. Our MEC did a good job this time. Alot of junior guys I know would rather get furloughed over getting crappy pay reduced down to even crappier. Full pay or furlough. Over history, concessions don't do jack over long term.
Not sure who you’re talking to. Nobody I know is willing to get furloughed over reduced line guarantee..it’s not just that there are no flying jobs..there are no jobs period. And again..it’s not long term..its a TEMPORARY MOU. Put a date on it..and go back to the table when things change..a vaccine..or whatever the mainstream public needs to get back on planes. You seriously think we will need to worry about a reduced line when the people come back? I was flying 100 hours a month until February. We need to buy time. Nothing more. You won’t quit? Why not? If you think it’s such a bad deal..you want to get furloughed?..you can sit around with no job for a year or whatever it takes? Must be in a different boat than everyone else.