View Single Post
Old 08-25-2020, 11:37 AM
copy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2020

Originally Posted by AYLflyer View Post
A lot of us didn't want widebodies for the very reason we're seeing right now. When international flying dries up, the widebodies are stuck losing money.

I personally don't give 2 craps about big jets. If I'm flying a 320/220 the rest of the my career but that means I keep my job, I'm happy.
Well, given that our Europe flights won’t fall under the codeshare, I’m doubtful that it’ll prevent us from getting WBs if there is ever a business case for it. Codesharing also doesn’t share revenue, and us not taking lucrative route opportunities and “letting AA do it,” or otherwise doing it ourselves but relegating them to 321s and even if WBs would bring in more revenue and be a better utilization of a slot limited route, doesn’t make sense. If it ever makes sense to get them, we will, and it won’t have much to do with AA. If it doesn’t ever make sense for our network, we won’t. This virus likely pushed the timeline for them to happen, but I don’t think the codeshare will affect it one way or another.