View Single Post
Old 08-26-2020, 04:44 AM
Hedley
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2020

Originally Posted by TripleSpool View Post
I agree but with one exception. I don’t think a recovery will be dependent on the vaccine at all. Instead, it’ll be based on the steady and persistent decline in the number of people infected. The more important question is whether or not we’ve collectively built an immunity to this over time. And, if that is indeed the case, then a vaccine will only prove as effective as the yearly flue shot, if that.

I agree, however, that for many people the psychological effects of a vaccine may prove as beneficial as a good ol’fashioned placebo. Sorry for the drift ...Back to the topic at hand.
The recovery will depend on more than just the actual virus. Prolonged lockdowns has had a negative affect on businesses and jobs. They will have a recovery period as well, and that will have a significant effect on demand for air travel from both the business and leisure market. I hope that the recovery quickly builds to a sustainable level while we grow back to where we were. If it is more prolonged there will be plenty of time to retire fleets and furlough many more than the initial 2250.