Thread: Amerijet
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2020, 05:52 PM
aviator249
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2018

Originally Posted by Commit Aviation View Post
I’m not the only one here who has that opinion. The conference call is Sunday 11-1 pm. It’s a great opportunity to participate if you do want to seek a change and ask the tough questions. Who knows. It may even go a long ways in changing perceptions. Glad you found a job. I’m just saying the bad apples and a former legacy guy running the show have at times poisoned the well. Then again the lack of his support and negative tone haven’t helped morale here. Agree. Disagree. It’s your right. I meant what I said earlier. There are guys here who try to answer what questions there are. There will always be differences of opinions. I’m just saying guys here are skeptical. That’s all. It’s going to take some time. And even I am smart enough to know that includes myself. I’m just being honest with you. Doesn’t mean I’m right and I’ll leave it there.
Of course everyone is entitled to their opinion. I’m just not sure what yours is other than creating division for the sake of creating division because “he didn’t come from 36th street.” What’s your gripe? Let me ask a different question? Do you have a problem flying with someone who is safe, doesn’t complain about “extra legs” and flies the airplane safely with a good attitude? Does where they came from factor into that equation? If so, that’s a heart problem not a pilot group problem.

Anyone coming in as a new hire regardless of their past job regardless of that’s a legacy or a regional or general aviation who is trying to fix the airline overnight, that guy has a bad attitude and it’s a problem. However, your previous posts reveal your saltiness towards legacy guys. I’m not speaking for 2 bad apples who think they’re sky Gods. How about you meet us and make that judgement on an individual basis?

What if a regional guy came here and talked down on your company and you? They wouldn’t be wasted money because it’s a regional guy? There are regional gigs out there with much better QOL than the Amerijet system is now. But he’s a good investment right? Not the guys who are typed with ETOPS experience, and are here to fly safely within the operation?

Sorry, but I’m not buying it from your previous comments. If you have a problem with someone because they are simply a legacy guy, just own to it rather than try to bs us. Also, if you think this is only going to last a year as far as furloughs go, I think you’ll be surprised.