Thread: Mask Narking
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2020, 09:13 AM
TheGodfather
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2017

Originally Posted by pangolin View Post
This is about the stupidest mask argument I’ve ever heard. It’s guys trying to find loopholes that have the issue. Those and the intractable people who just plain refuse because you know “freedom”. Both attitudes are wrong. You show that attitude in my cockpit and you’ll find yourself off the trip. You can explain to the chief pilot why you refuse the mask. It’s a stupid way to die.

People who try to find loopholes are people who think the rules apply but just not to them. Those people have a serious issue as well and shouldn’t be anywhere near an airliner.
Instead of using a actual counter argument, you use an Ad hominem and go off a tangent. I've never mention about being "freedom" nor do our care about anyone's politics. Nor do I care about this subject. I'm just stating what's in the policy and what people are allowed and not allowed to do.

And regardless of someone's attitude towards a policy, you can't just kick someone off a trip, when clearly within the parameters of the policy. There's a difference between refusal and following within the policy. Sure, if I speak to Chief Pilot, if I'm drinking my coffee, I would ask him Sir, Can you please read me the policy? Can you state where in the policy, it tells me how long I must have mask off, if I'm partaking in drink? And Chief Pilot would side with me because he knows I'm right.