View Single Post
Old 02-01-2008, 05:47 AM
evh347
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: CRJ900/FO

UPDATE...

I was able to refinance with http://educationfinancepartners.com/ at a variable 7.36% over 30 years...a far cry from the 11.2% I was at with Great Lakes. I'm now looking at a monthly payment of $375...again, a far cry from the $642/mo with Great Lakes. Sallie Mae and Citibank's interest rates were higher so I let those options go. I came close to trying www.nelnet.net/private/default.asp as an option...they seemed to have good interest rates too, but at the time that I applied with them I was beyond 30-days current and their online application service immediately denied my application. For anyone not in that situation, I'd recommend checking them out.

All of that came at the price of having my parents co-sign for me and borrowing $2000 from them to get the account 30-days current. All of you people out there waiting for the problem to go away...don't, because it only gets more difficult to refinance this thing if it's not within 30-40 days past due.

There goes my tax return...ah, well...my tax return was gone anyways had I done nothing. Thank god for the Bush $1200 tax rebates coming in May/June. The good thing is that the Feds might be dropping interest rates soon due to the foreclosure chaos sweeping the nation, so that might help me too.