View Single Post
Old 04-30-2006, 09:12 PM
FoxHunter
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2005
Position: Retired
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by FDXFLYR
Isn't he the guy that went behind our backs and tried to advocate his own position by mis-representing himself as speaking for all of us?
I believe Bob and another pilot had a meeting with management in regard to the age 60 issue last year. I believe our ALPA leadership had a fit. That issue is still huge. If you look into it you will find that almost all recent additions to the non-member list is due to this issue alone. According to a graph presented at the ALPA 2005 Executive Board Meeting 80% of members age 56-60 polled were in favor of raising that retirement age, and 61% of those 51-55 were in favor of the change. This of course was before Delta and NWA realized that they will probaly lose their pensions. What percentage of our pilots fall in that age range? I've been on strike twice as an ALPA pilot and both the strikes were short and successful. In both cases the leadership provided ample reasons for the senior guys to support the cause. With the ALPA position on the age 60 issue plus nothing major of issue in the contract they have managed to insure failure.

Last edited by FoxHunter; 05-01-2006 at 01:30 AM.