Thread: Furloughs
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2020, 10:02 AM
Strenyakov
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2017

Originally Posted by Feliz6 View Post
Your answer is very similar to being not helpful.
Unfortunately for me, Gojet is not trying to keep the Skywest 550s but is trying to sell their contract, manuals, training program.
Fortunately for me, there isn't much interest.

Any acquiring airline would need to take the manuals and convert them into their own. Gojet's methodology is to just type their name over what someone else gives them, such as Bombardier. Not a very sellable product.

Today I am literally reviewing a Gojet manual where the procedure tells the reader to contact a certain department. The problem is that Gojet has never had such a department. The company they took the manual from I guess had such a department.

In the current state of the airline industry an airline taking the 550s will have time to create their own manuals and procedures so there is no time rush, little value having it already done. I expect another airline to create their own, convert their own few planes to 550s, and then boom, GJ's will be gone. So until SW does that I think there is some safety. Long term, the chances of GJ keeping them is zero.