Thread: IFL Group info
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2020, 07:30 AM
HulkaBurger
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2017

Originally Posted by Braniff DC8 View Post
Old info above. It's not a regional or scheduled airline. If you like rocking a uniform, or one strapping into the terminal to get your Starbucks, don't go to IFL! It's older equipment that is demanding work. It's really simple and I do not know why some can't understand it and have to call it ridiculous.

There is another side to the industry where people go to hang their hat and do another kind of flying. Some like it. Contrary to popular belief, not everyone wants to work for a major or an ALPA carrier. You wanna know why? Every ten or so years the majors go broke. They either furlough thousands or threaten to furlough thousands so they can get that hand out. ALPA is a disgrace. So, not everyone wants to take the risk of going to a major/or LCC, and put themselves and their families at risk.

IFL is a decent company THAT IS NOT A MAJOR. Yes, it's demanding but not that hard. If you need a bobba bobba, or your hand held at work by your union daddy, go somewhere else. BIG BOY PANTS. It means just what I wrote here. If you love ACARS dinging at you all the time, stay where you are. There's always Home Depot. If you like old vintage airliners that require work AND you like to work instead of sitting for hours bored to tears, then go to IFL. If you're one of those couch potatoes in WALL E, love CNN, love Holiday Inn Express, love Panera Bread and your free morning coffee, stay where you are or don't go to IFL. It's like flying for one of the old supplementals back in the good old days. It is NOT Braniff and guess what happened to Braniff, and Pan Am and Eastern and TWA???
Sounds like the graveyard that "attracts" pilots with no place left to go. Options down to zero.

I guess if you're one of those pilots, you convince yourself of all that nonsense you posted here. 🤪