View Single Post
Old 09-09-2020, 01:07 PM
Aeronaut55
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2020

Originally Posted by point80 View Post
Actually the crews to pick up the 175s have already been picked and we are taking deliver of 5 per month starting in a few weeks. The issue was that Johnny-O couldnt get the same rates from the bank as he would of per covid. He was delaying the delivery until the rates dropped or UA co-signed the loan. Embraer is refusing to delay any further so JO will be getting the financing (dont know the details). But, I have spoken to a few of the CAs that will be going and they are being told to be ready. Everyday that passes I am more and more certain the furloughs are a farce. We have yet to even see any displacement bids. Also how can we keep the whole maintenance and FA groups if we loss 30% of the pilots. How about JO take a pay cut and take one for the team if things are so bad. A 30% pay cut for him would save at least 200 of those jobs.
Maintenance will take a cut..on the call he stated he gave each base a number and they can figure out how to get there..which makes me think it’s not a farce..FAs..they have too many volunteers for VLOA than they can approve..also stated on the call..Flying is down 50%..something will happen to balance the numbers. More pilots can take VLOA. Take VLOA..get another job in the meantime..keep travel benefits. Not sure why more aren’t doing that.