View Single Post
Old 09-10-2020, 12:49 PM
Green Needles
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2016

Originally Posted by Casualinterest View Post
First of all, did you even watch the town hall? Second. Do you work here?

He was very clear to say that they support the movement and not the organization. That no money collected as part of donations or fundraising will go to the blm organization(s).

The entire focus on the pin is showing support for the idea/concept and for the people that are and have been suffering.

Also, never was the blue lives pin or movement mentioned. Not once. That was a creation of angry Facebook users. You'd have to ask what their position is on blue lives matter, because it literally wasn't mentioned once. I would suspect that at this time a pin for them isn't authorized.

And I would like to see where you got the idea that 3/4 of Delta's customer base stands opposed to blm or for blue. That sounds like a hyperbolic overestimation based on angry internet tirades
Delta/Endeavor can be as clear as they want with their employees about the movement vs/ the organization. For as hyper image conscious as Delta is, it's a bit surprising to see them taking this stance on something so polarizing. Regardless of how you feel about BLM, if you take a stand either way, you're going to upset a lot of people. Broadcasting your support for BLM the most politically expedient thing to do right now. Personally, I would stay neutral. Take an all or nothing stance about political statements in uniform, but I'm not EB or DG. I would stick to not allowing any political statements in uniform.

Delta has taken a different approach, supporting whatever is "popular" at the moment. We'll see how it pans out in the long run. I keep politics off my flight deck. As long as I am not forced to support or say anything I don't agree with on behalf of DAL/EDV and my checks still clear the bank, I'll keep flying my airplane.