View Single Post
Old 09-12-2020, 11:57 AM
kronan
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2005
Position: 757 Capt

Originally Posted by PurpleToolBox View Post
He's telling the truth. He just ignores or disagrees that in exchange for what he had "fixed" (company made problem) we now have PBS on property and they've taken away some reserve lines.

The company is going to expand the use of PBS. They'll dangle another carrot in front of our faces to "fix" an issue they created and we'll bite off on it.

Since the internet lives forever, I will gladly say "I WAS COMPLETELY WRONG and YOU ALL WERE RIGHT" if we go without an increase in PBS. Right now the bidpacks are running 1/5 - 1/3 PBS and varies month to month, equipment to equipment.

What basis do you have that we will hold the line to PBS? We didn't last contract.

I just Value the changes differently.
I greatly prefer being able to be the #10 VTO guy and get the trips I request instead of seeing them awarded to the #24 guy.
I think a lot of people Prefer the entire R day blocks dropping the way they do now as opposed to pre-2015 (Or did I imagine all of the complaints about that implementation timeline post TA2015)
I know I prefer the elimination of the Company Converting an awarded Reserve line.
I know I prefer RB and R24 actually being awarded to VTO line holders. Instead of the previous, behold, by the Power of Scheduling those Conflicted RB days or R24 days are now RA. (Let's be honest, RB utilization tends to be wicked low, so who could blame the company for changing them into RA back in the Good Ole Pre-2015 days)
I know I prefer the ability to pick up a string of RB days or R24 during the View\Add window.
I know I prefer the ability to pickup RB days instead of flying to make my days off work for the month as a VTO guy, instead of the previous system of nothing but flying until all the trips were filled and then it was Random RA days for the bottom 70% of VTO line holders

Again, by all means, it's survey time, so let's revert to the Pre-2015 Conflict Rules and permit the company to convert Awarded Reserve lines if they need to. Let's go back to the good old days of allowing the Company to determine what kind of R days were available for award in the VTO system.