View Single Post
Old 09-14-2020, 12:24 PM
fortyeight
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2018

Originally Posted by HDdriver View Post
Hi all. I'm nearing my time as a CFI and was getting ready to send out apps before everything paused. Republic was at the top of my list specifically for Houston. Is IAH still planning on closing? If so, does that mean Republic will primarily be a northeast airline? Sorry I'm still new at this and just trying to get as much info as possible for when hiring starts again. I really don't want to commute, so I guess Skywest would be my next choice but the your pilot contract and Houston was what put it at the top of my list. But commuting indefinitely is not an option for me. Just curious if you guys have heard from the company if closing Houston is temporary or a permanent thing. I also saw Envoy is opening a 175 base in MIA, is that the writing on the wall that MIA will close too? I'm nervous about joining a regional that is closing bases. Thanks.
IAH is closing. If you don’t want to commute and don’t live in the northeast corridor rp probably isn’t the regional for you. No one knows what will happen in Miami except for AA. Good luck with your decision.