Thread: APA
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2020, 07:38 AM
Battlinbear
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2010
Position: 2 Fan **** Can

Originally Posted by FlyyGuyy View Post
I'll add onto this, the senior guys worried about losing a few bucks have had a hell of a lot more time to get a savings together to weather a storm like this, most of the 1605 struggled through the regional model to pay student loans and keep themselves afloat. Most the senior guys were hired directly into a major, that's been a huge advantage for them. Best of luck to everyone else in the 1605, myself included.

I am probably not alone, I have over 200 apps/resumes out across the country and not all in aviation. So far total crickets. The old joke about home depot and lowes is actually looking like a best case reality at this point. That's seriously bad.
Yup, agree w a scientific certitude. We got taken out back and shot. And it’s the worst thing i’ve seen a union do in 14 years. Never thought anything would top cutting eagles throats back in the day. But this takes it. “you’ll be senior one day” is such a scam in this environment. APA sure was certain the govt would bail them out yet again. I’ve stopped my GAC contributions and i’ll donate to ALPAs when I can. The ONE time the union could have united us and looked out for everyone during a pandemic that’s completely out of our control and nope! While AA was willing and able to sit down explore all options to do what they said they wanted and we didn’t have NC. This is unforgivable. AA earned a company man, and a NO to ANYTHING asked by apa for a very very long time.