Thread: Update
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2020, 07:43 AM
captnate702
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2020
Position: A320 CA

Originally Posted by rdneckpilot View Post
I can only speak for myself but I’m happy with what the union is doing. I’ll go on my merry way for my third furlough and hope things get better at some point. Then when I get recalled I’ll actually want to come back because this job will not suck. Gut the contract and I’m out.

In regards to the ETO you’re just missing the point. If pilots bid for ETO and there are no reductions in furlough numbers then what’s the point in anyone taking a pay cut.

I don’t even know why I’m wasting my time talking to you. It’s clear you’re either management or someone that is so misinformed and inexperienced you have no idea what you’re talking about.

If you are one of the 100 I suggest you get busy finding a job or based on your attitude so far I guess it would be getting busy filling out unemployment paperwork. You seem like the kind of pusssy that wants someone else to make sacrifices so you don’t have to...
I am not one of the 100-300 that are on the chopping block. But I am somebody that is almost certainly going to be squeezed out of my base or downgraded which is enough. I am sorry you are staring at the street, I would happily take a VOLUNTARY ETO to preserve my QWL and our most junior pilots avoid a furlough. Unfortunately, we don't have that option. While airlines are finalizing deals to mitigate or avoid all furloughs and displacements, our obstinate management and inexperienced EXCO are just starting to talk seriously about a VOLUNTARY ETO program.

I have NEVER said we should agree to concessions - check all my posts. I have been consistent in that it is inexcusable that we don't have a VOLUNTARY ETO program. We've all seen the actual proposals passed and the voluntary ETO would have absolutely helped avoid furloughs and preserve QWL.