View Single Post
Old 09-17-2020, 08:57 AM
DrJekyll MrHyde
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2016
Position: Bus CA

Originally Posted by 7051 View Post
I was hoping someone had some contact info for anyone dealing with recruitment. I was supposed to start the April ground school, but that didn't happen. I originally received a phone call every month, just letting me know that I was still in the pool. I haven't gotten called now in a couple of months and am trying to get ahold of anyone in recruitment or HR. My previous contact hasn't been responding and I'm afraid they may have been laid off. I just want to know if there is still a pool or have they flushed it and will start over again when the current pilots are all back full time.
I would not be surprised if your contact in HR is gone. But that doesn’t necessarily mean that there will be zero continuity, so I think your hiring pool still has legs but you’ll be treading water for much longer than originally planned. The company is cutting manpower for the foreseeable future (through March), I imagine they’ll be concentrating on getting pilots on unpaid leaves back into their seats before they start addressing new hires again.