Thread: APA
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2020, 12:45 PM
TankerDriver
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2005

Originally Posted by ACEssXfer View Post
The company is paying the cost of "benefits and training" with the AML/ZTLs/furlough training. They only awarded around 100 AMLs which means they are paying the "benefits and training" costs of around 2000 pilots and getting no production whatsoever out of them.

Plain and simple APA decided to not pursue a lower ALV. Why? The company was very clearly willing to do it if they are now paying for pilots that don't work at all.
Because the senior end of the list full of people who have been furloughed multiple times, been through multiple chapter 11's, multiple mergers, spent 20 years in the right seat through the "lost decade", etc. didn't want to entertain a pay cut. Plain and simple. This has come straight out of more than one union reps mouth during several town halls I've listened in on over the last couple months and I believe it. I think they think this furlough is going to be short-lived and they just don't want to give up pay in the last handful of the most lucrative years they'll have in this career. Regardless of covid-19 the movement here over the next decade is still going to be pretty good.