View Single Post
Old 09-17-2020, 03:51 PM
fastback
Holding

Joined APC: Jan 2012

Originally Posted by SVA402 View Post
I'm told there will be one during my interview. Just looking for info on it. Thanks!

Search for “airline compass testing”. Pilotest dot com is the first that came up and looks like a lot of what we got on our tests last year. There are two sections we got on the interview test that aren’t on the practice test: personality and knowledge.

Knowledge: try and find a practice test for the European ATP written. Personality: try and be consistent and truthful. You’ll be asked: Are you A or B? Do you prefer B or C. So are you C or A? Are you Q or B? A or F? Continues like that for over 200 questions. It will melt your brain.

I wouldn’t worry about the joystick too much. If you have easy access to a computer setup that allows you to practice, great. If not, maybe just an hour in an FTD working on unusual attitudes would be good. On the actual test, they will introduce each axis one at a time, with time to practice each new axis before testing.

If they end up throwing you in a 747 sim, don’t freak out, you won’t be perfect hand flying, just do your best, keep your poise, and demonstrate basic airmanship. Most of us going through cq are a train wreck trying to hand fly it. Again, maybe an hour in any FTD doing basic instrument work might help in the event they throw you in the sim.

Don’t sweat it all too much. I don’t think any of us even finished the math section, but almost all of us got hired. I think the HR part and your interactions in the holding tank are more important than the testing. It’s not a contest: they’ll hire all of your class if you all have a good attitude and they think you’re trainable on the aircraft. Good luck and enjoy.