Thread: APA
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2020, 07:03 PM
FlyyGuyy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2014

Originally Posted by ACEssXfer View Post
Every captain I fly with tells me what an awesome career I’m going to have.

2 days later over a beer they tell me: “They said in my Indoc I’d upgrade in 2 years and widebody CA in 10. It ended up taking 10 to hold a line and 20 to G2 CA.”

I understand that there are quite a number that have had some “bumps”, to say the least, in their career. Why are we keeping the cycle going? The company is clearly willing to play ball as shown by paying benefits for furloughed pilots.

Other pilot groups have agreed to temporary reductions with permanent contract gains. For example: The pilots here have been clamoring for years about LTD improvements labeling it as one of the highest priorities in section 6. Grilling every management figure in most crew news presentations and Internet tough-guying on the union forums. United just got significant improvements to LTD if their TA passes. I guess 8 hours a month(scheduled) is just too much to ask huh?

At the very least why not send something to a vote? If your scenario is truly the majority then so be it. To not even try is unforgivable.
I think they got first class for dead heads as well...