View Single Post
Old 09-27-2020, 09:43 AM
FXLAX
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2017
Default Retirement Website

Originally Posted by Noworkallplay View Post
Fastburner didn't answer my question in regards to leaving out facts. Funny thing is he claims he is a new hire which means he wasnt even around for the first “education wave”. You are correct that everything needs to be negotiated just like our current plan. So why are you arguing things that are not even being negotiated yet? Lets all do the survey and step back and see what comes of it. Lets then see what is on the table for negotiations. Keep in mind that whats on the table at the begging may fall off at the end. We are getting the cart ahead of the horse throwing all these guesses and personal opinions out on topics that are not known. I have seen you and a couple others post these long thesis’s about market returns yet we don't even know the hurdle rate and floor. That all has a big effect on accrued benefits. We have people talking about asset class mix and we have professionals who have looked at that. I have a financial advisor for a reason. Major corporations have financial advisors for a reason. Wealthy people have financial advisors for a reason.

Who is fast burner? I don’t care what he said or didn’t say to you. I’m referring to my reply to you that you have yet to answer? As for thesis, I don’t know enough about this subject to write a thesis about it. I’m simply asking questions. I’m not for or against the PSPP since I haven’t seen it in a TA. But I do have concerns that would need to be addressed before I could consider it. So here is my post to you again. Can you please address it?

“Do you have data to support your position? Or is it just anecdotal? Because when I look at the 777 seniority summary list, the aircraft/base with the most senior junior captains are all the international flying that pays premium. The 777, ANC11, LAX11 junior captains are almost all top 50% as opposed to all the other captain seats being well below 50%. To me, that says that pilots tend to go to higher paying seats faster than the lower paying seats, which is normal, I believe. If you tie the amount you take with you when you leave, to the total amount you make while here, it would be reasonable to think that it will change system bid behavior. To think that it doesn’t incentivize increasing career earnings is like thinking that you wouldn’t contribute 10% into your 401k in order to get another 10% on top of that. It’s safe to assume that more would chase the money than we have now.

But you did not respond to my second point. Do you have any comments on that?”