View Single Post
Old 09-27-2020, 10:13 AM
Noworkallplay
Banned

Joined APC: Jun 2018

Originally Posted by FXLAX View Post
Who is fast burner? I don’t care what he said or didn’t say to you. I’m referring to my reply to you that you have yet to answer? As for thesis, I don’t know enough about this subject to write a thesis about it. I’m simply asking questions. I’m not for or against the PSPP since I haven’t seen it in a TA. But I do have concerns that would need to be addressed before I could consider it. So here is my post to you again. Can you please address it?

“Do you have data to support your position? Or is it just anecdotal? Because when I look at the 777 seniority summary list, the aircraft/base with the most senior junior captains are all the international flying that pays premium. The 777, ANC11, LAX11 junior captains are almost all top 50% as opposed to all the other captain seats being well below 50%. To me, that says that pilots tend to go to higher paying seats faster than the lower paying seats, which is normal, I believe. If you tie the amount you take with you when you leave, to the total amount you make while here, it would be reasonable to think that it will change system bid behavior. To think that it doesn’t incentivize increasing career earnings is like thinking that you wouldn’t contribute 10% into your 401k in order to get another 10% on top of that. It’s safe to assume that more would chase the money than we have now.

But you did not respond to my second point. Do you have any comments on that?”
You quoted my response that was to Fastburner.

Senior WB FO currently makes more than Reserve Jr NB Capt. Thats fact. They bid carryovers. They sell vacation. They do draft. Its what happens in reality. Also the line values vary from top to bottom. Others make more in the FO seat by bidding an FDA like HKG who has FO’s making well north of 400k.

Those who want seniority arent going to bid Capt sooner for a marginal pay bump to go from senior FO to commuter reserve NB or Jr WB capt. Thats just reality. If you would like a good example of this just look at the majors they only have a DC plan. Those guys retirement is purely based on income and they don’t have a different mix then we do when it comes to bidding upgrade. UA DL and AA retirement is purely income based and they still have the same mix of guys bidding qual and some chasing money. I was at one of them so I saw it in real time.

This argument is no different than those that say this will incentives people to stay longer when the union published the average retirement age was over 64 last year

Last edited by Noworkallplay; 09-27-2020 at 10:25 AM.