View Single Post
Old 09-28-2020, 04:26 AM
Gspeed
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2014

Originally Posted by beis77 View Post
I think she’s qualified, and the GOP will try to install her prior to January. I doubt it happens prior to the election, unless Senators are willing to give up valuable time on the campaign trail next month. The thing is, the WH and Senate have a constitutional responsibility to fill the seat, so one can reasonably argue that they’re just upholding their constitutional responsibility. The root of the problem is that the Senate GOP abdicated that responsibility in 2016, and are only now choosing to uphold it, since they can get their pick; hence the calls of hypocrisy and the partisan sh!t show that’s unfolding before us.

I’m not sure if she’ll get appointed or not, the Dems will do everything in their power to block it, and frankly I don’t blame them. The GOP started this fight in 2016 and neither side is going to back down. IMO installing more seats on the panel is not the answer though, as some Dems as proposed as a counter move. If both sides just start installing judges to tilt the court in their favor, then it begins to look more like a pickup game of basketball than the highest court in the land. Frankly, I’m tired of both sides continually putting party over country. Perhaps we should go back to Whigs and Torys? (j/k)
Its good to know that they are all too busy to hammer out a CARES2 deal but not busy enough to go through the circus of the SC nomination process.