View Single Post
Old 09-28-2020, 11:43 AM
WhiteRabbit99
New Hire

Joined APC: Aug 2020
Default Swimming, but not drowning

Originally Posted by RyeMex View Post
For those who are swimming or have applied, here are the remaining class dates that the Union has been informed of for 2020 on the Atlas side. (I suspect that there are a similar amount / frequency of classes running on the Southern side as well):

767:
October 5
October 26
November 1

747:
October 12
November 2

More classes could be added in November / December, but I suspect that it may be likely that they slow down through the end of the year. That being said, I'd expect the hiring to resume in full force for 2021.

Best of luck.
Great update. As one of the guys swimming in that pool, I allow myself to ask two questions to our educated audience:

1. As I understand, Atlas is not buying new airplanes nor having a lot of retirees or pilots leaving to other places. So, what is the explanation of having so many new classes?

2. One of the options they gave me was going on the 737 and then upgrade at 1,000 hours. Question: With the integration of Southern/Atlas, will that "quick upgrade" somehow be protected/fenced, or is it possible that the senorities merge and suddenly there are many "Atlas guys" eligible for the 737 transition with upgrade, pushing Southern 737 FOs way back?

Any feedback is highly appreciated : )