Thread: TSA Numbers
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2020, 07:20 AM
AirlineAnalyst
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2020

Originally Posted by senecacaptain View Post
bottom line is we are stuck in the 25-30% level. It is what it is. We are also coming out of the weekend and a Monday.

the same thing that nudges the moving average up will nudge it back down once we see Tuesday-Wed-Thur data come in

August 25-ish school will start or be close to starting virtually or physically in most parts of country. Maybe the "last weekend of summer" we pierce the 30% level
summer is over

I welcome any and all growth, but until we see 35% exceeded consistently, weekdays and weekends both, daily, say for 2+ weeks, will I personally start to be celebrating the recovery.

note we do not know if these are full fare tickets or $29 super saver specials.

the uptick is good indeed....lets keep our fingers crossed...

The first and third comment above are two months apart.

The 7-day rolling-average on the date of the first comment was 25.5%, and today it is 32%.

Both our 7-day rolling-average % and our 7-day rolling-average number of passengers are higher today than they were at any time in August, or July, or June or since the start of the lockdowns.

This is even with September historically being one of the weakest months in terms of total number of passengers.

I understand being realistic, but there is no reason to diminish progress even if it is incremental.

Is air travel returning returning as quickly as we would all like? No
Is air travel returning returning? Yes

We need to see the forest for the trees.