View Single Post
Old 02-04-2008, 07:24 AM
Scoop
Super Moderator

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: DAL 330

Originally Posted by Bucking Bar View Post
Anyone know if this is a good idea? Been told there were more differences between the -88 and -90 than between the 757 and er' the 777. The -88 is already a big airplane with a little wing, the -90 is a bigger airplane with the same wing. Electrical, fuel, engines, eh' I think I might want to try it on in the box before flying the line.
Bucking Bar,
I flew the -90 for two years out of SLC and it is no big deal. My personal opinion is that going from the -88 to the 90 is actually a lot easier than going from the -90 to the -88. The -90 has an EEC and automatic start engines - the -88 does not. As a SLC guy we could go months without flying a -88 so you would mentally prepare yourself for a manual ignition start. By the way I never flew a -90 simulator - ever. All we had was the differences training and a test. And its true the Atlanta IP's will not ask you anything about a -90 (maybe they would if you were in the -90 simulator). As far as automation and flying the aircraft, they are identical - the V speeds and manuver speeds on the -90 will be a little higher - this is really the only difference when flying. Clean speed at maximum takeoff weight is about 260 kts.
The SLC -90 trips are great - I flew over a year without seeing Atlanta!
Scoop