View Single Post
Old 10-02-2020, 07:02 PM
Galaxy5
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2012

Originally Posted by F15andMD11 View Post
I’m probably stating the obvious here and I’ve mentioned this concern before, but this applies to all 3 groups. The only way to beat xx hrs MPG is to remain current. Line holders can pick up open time and reserves can pick up out of silo. If one expires for landings or because your recurrent sim wasn’t scheduled then there is nothing saying you will be afforded the opportunity to regain your currency. You hypothetically could sit home for months, at 35hrs pay (jr group), waiting for the company to decide they need you.
Which leads to the “bird in the hand vs two in the bush” discussion. Take the new downgrade training or hope your displacement is eventually canceled and that you’ll eventually be requaled.
I looked at CCS/Staffing and noticed something very interesting. Many of my fellow displacees are still listed in the BES for Jan. What’s up with that? Is it because I somehow “lucked out” and have transition training scheduled? I certainly don’t want to hear about a jr, displaced, pilot getting a recurrent sim when I could have had it. I guess that goes back to bird in the hand. How long is one willing to wait?
I assume they’re still working through everything since they said they’re canxing all transition events after the 13th (I think that was the day) and stated they’ll start working through recurrent sims and landings for unqualified guys after that. I’ve been dead for landings since June and am in my due month for CQ, so I fully expect they’ll try to send me this month to knock both out.

They’ve been canxing my trips about 48 hours prior this bid, which may or may not be normal, I have no idea since this is my first line since this all kicked off. On reserve and unqualified, they blanked my month all at once about the 21st prior.