Thread: 1721
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2020, 10:59 AM
BlaneO
Bus Driver

Joined APC: Oct 2013

I totally get the mistrust of our management team and the numbers they generate, but our MEC has basically taken a "we won't agree to anything because we don't trust you" approach. I'm actually surprised they actually negotiated a "voluntary only" proposal.

Here's how I see this LOA - if you don't like it, don't volunteer. If mgt screws with the implementation, we pull it down. In any case we save 200 more jobs without any skin off our back. Is there uncertainty? Yes, but no one knows what's going to happen next week, let alone next year, so if you're looking for absolute certainties and iron-clad projection numbers you are not going to get it.

The bottom line is there is not enough flying for the pilots on the payroll. That's not our fault, and that's not management's fault. But we both have to deal with it. Mgt has a dollar figure they need to get to. They will never share that with us, just like we wouldn't share it with them. They will get to it one way or another. A voluntary program that gets us both closer to that number seems like an easy Yes to me.