View Single Post
Old 10-05-2020, 05:11 AM
MinRest
Mmmm wine

Joined APC: Feb 2020
Position: A220 FO

Originally Posted by jtf560 View Post
Over 900 58+. There are about 2400 pilots on the seniority list now. Pilots have been making enough money to save for retirement for many years now- even the SICs. Pilots will be able to afford retirement. Then there are the many that eat horribly and don't exercise and the others with bad luck that will medical out. There are many old pilots, but I don't believe that will always be the case unless the company mostly hires more old pilots.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
I hope you are right, but I don't think you are. Pilots, no matter how much they save for retirement, want more money. Look at the number of retired airline pilots that continue flying after they retire. These 900 pilots over 58 only matter if they are senior to you. That's your only way to upgrade and thinking all 900 of those pilots will be off the roster in 10 years is simply wishful thinking and nothing more. You have some 80-year-old pilots on the property, and a bunch in their 70s. it's totally plausible that the majority on that list fly another 15 years at least.