Thread: 1721
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2020, 06:53 AM
notEnuf
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2015
Position: stake holder ir.delta.com

Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
I do not mind the ALV reduction, because like you I believe that it is totally 100% self correcting with zero effort on our part. I actually like the idea of working less vice working for less. I like a 90+ hour month as much as the next guy but I feel sorry for the guys that need 90+ hours each and every month.

I have always said my issue is that I do not trust our management team. That is the show stopper in my mind and I don't see a good way around it. Our management team has slowly and inexorably over the years eroded trust with the Pilot group. In my mind it is something they have accepted as a price to help prevent the non-contract employees from organizing but either way they have done nothing to make me feel otherwise.

The just say No crowd at DALPA have contributed somewhat to our current situation, but to me that is mainly a byproduct and enabled by managements behavior. There are win-wins out there, but it would take a huge leap of faith on the part of the Pilot group to achieve them and that faith is currently non-existent.

Scoop
I'm already working less. I looked at my 12 month average in February. 89 credit with 7 months regular line and 5 months reserve. Normal vacation time, CQ and a few days of GSs. I'm now planning 72 on minimum reserve for the foreseeable future. That is a 20% reduction. I haven't even mentioned PS or the fact that many pilots are still displacing to a lower paying seat. The fact is management has lost so much trust with me that I don't even believe their numbers. They will not give a cost target or metrics for how the reductions will be applied to a target. 2558 was based on the furlough protection in the PWA, nothing more. 1941 was just a convenient number that was still substantial but allowed for some further reduction while still maintaining a significant number for leverage. 1721 is again a trigger number for furlough pay FM in the PWA. The total lack of transparency and their financial moves make me believe the cost target for flight ops is a random WAG for a long term recovery. If things go better than the WAG, management gets to play good guy and "save" people. All of this is crisis based manufactured leverage, nothing more. They will furlough based on need and nothing we agree to will change that.

Last edited by notEnuf; 10-05-2020 at 07:23 AM.