View Single Post
Old 10-08-2020, 01:37 PM
jtf560
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2006

Originally Posted by shrsailplanes View Post
It’s funny. I went to a regional to get the experience to apply at NetJets. That was my end goal. Now it’s shot to hell and I’m stuck at a regional.

the upgrade picture doesn’t look any better than netjets, because my upgrade is completely dependent on mainline hiring again and that may not happen for a very long time.

I’ll figure something out.
NetJets as an SIC isn't all bad. I have been here almost 15 years. I chose to bypass upgrade to stay in the Global. I am very happy. I have lots of time off and make enough money for me and my family to be comfortable minus the toys. I guess I could afford toys of I did the higher paying schedules, if I had taken the upgrade, or if I chose not to save for retirement, but I am quite happy doing what I am doing. While you wouldn't be able to hold the Global or whatever is the biggest, bestest as an SIC until you are closing in on PIC in the smallest, worstest, it is still most likely a far superior job to the regionals even as a captain there. It is also a job you can realistically get and probably before the majors start humming along again. While hiring isn't likely to be a near term thing here, if the card holders really graduate to cards at reasonable, historical levels, there will be hiring likely before the airlines get everyone back and the pipeline gets unclogged at the regionals. Unfortunately it will just take longer than you planned. Good luck what ever way you end up going.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk